Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Playing" in the snow



In the last week, we have had record breaking high temperatures, a flood, and now a sudden snow storm.. 

Well outing #3 became quite eventful.. Ava and I ran to the grocery store to get ingredients to make an app for the get together tonight.  It had been flurrying on and off, but mainly rain, so we decided it would be ok to drive in.  While we were at the store, Ben calls to tell us that the party’s been cancelled due to weather.  We gather a few essentials (ice cream), and head home.  I had gone to an easier access grocery store than typical to avoid steep roads.  Unfortunately, since there has been so much rain, the city couldn’t salt the roads.  In the short amount of time we were in the store, a ton of snow fell.  We took the least steep roads we could, but on the second road from our house, it was too steep.  The Prius couldn’t go forward anymore.  I tried several times to no avail.  We backed up to the curb and put it in park.  It was less than a mile from our house, but being 2 weeks post-partum with my dear sweet Ava, it was a VERY difficult walk home (in the snow, up a hill).  We made it.  I had her very bundled, so she was fine, but it is not an outing I will soon forget.  Now I just wish I had grabbed the ice cream as we walked..

Not a picture from our excursion, but the hat is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment