Monday, April 29, 2013

Three/Four month update


Well, in only 4 days, Ava will be 4 months old, so I guess I kind of missed the 3 month update.  But that’s ok, we’ll do a 16 week update!

4/16 (3months 13days) stats: 12lbs 6oz . 23.1inches long.

Ava’s colic has (fingers crossed), started to make a decline.  And right on time too- my back has been killing me this past month.  By decline, I, by no means, mean that she is now easy or an easily amused baby, but there are things other than walking in circles bouncing while shushing that keep her happy.  At least for a while.   For example, she really likes to sit in the bouncer and have me shake toys in front of her.  We have also made some tummy time progress.  We start with an exercise ball, and she likes to roll back and forth for a while.  When she gets bored with that, we transition to her laying on my shins and me doing leg exercises.  Next, we do standard tummy time on the mat playing games.
 
Ava is still very pleasant in the morning.  We are working on her sleeping schedule still.  Last night she actually went to bed at a decent time (9:30), and woke up this morning around 7:45, so I tried to space her naps to accommodate sticking to that schedule rather than the up-til-two-am she seems to naturally gravitate toward. 

Developments:

-Ava has just begun pulling toys (with her hands!) to her mouth.  She also bats at objects hanging around her.
-She smiles a lot and laughs regularly! 
-She says mmm ommmm mmm mom mmm.
-She loves to babble and listen to herself.
-She can support her weight on her legs. 
-Her eyes are still greenish-bluish-gray with the same light brown spot on the left eye.
-She likes watching the dogs play.
-She loves when I read her the book, “Put me in the zoo.”
-She smiles at funny faces we make several feet away.

Here are a few pictures from the past month!

After Ben finished his first marathon!

Ava likes to be a spaceship.


Tummy time activities.

Daddy makes her giggle.

Family picture! Ava gives the stink eye.






No comments:

Post a Comment